Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Noon Time Moon

By:Maddy Pag



CH. 1 Emmett's Bear

It's one year after the big commotion with the Volturi. I was lying in bed after a long night of no sleep, which is completely normal for a vampire. Just me and Edward and Renesme and not a care in the world, that's how my life was now. Though this life was not what i was used to-I was used to always having something bad about to happen, it was always just my luck-I liked it more then what I was used to by a land slide.

Me and Edward had let Rennesme sleep at her grandparents house last night so we had the house all to are self's. Every night we did just about the same thing show our love for each other weather Rennesme was home or not. It helped that she was such a sound sleeper.

It was then that i had a strong burn deep in my thought.

"I need to hunt before we go pick up Rennesme" i told Edward.

"I agree we haven't hunted in awhile I'm coming too" Edward said agreeingly.

"I bet that I can get a bigger elk then you" I called running out the door Edward right behind me.

"I don't think so" He called as he rushed past me into the woods.

"Well I do." I yelled as pounced onto the biggest elk in the pack.

Edward humphed at the fact that I had won the bet.

As i drained the blood for the large elk my throught began to sooth.

I asked Edward if he wanted to race back to the house as a rematch. When I realized that he had already gotten a head start. I climbed through the trees until I caught site of Edward and then dropped to the ground running. I beat him home as usual he didn't get mad again, he was used to me beating him in races of speed. I had been faster then him since I went on my very first hunt as a newborn.

When we walked inside the large glass house that all of the Cullens lived in except me Edward and Rennesme, we saw that Rennesme was already up. She had grown so much since she was born she was only a year old and was the size of a 5 year old. She grew more and more every day. Alice and Rosalie had already filled up 5 whole books of pictures of her from her one year of life. And they wern't even scrap books they were only photo albums.

When Rennesme saw us she raced right over to us as fast as she could; which was pretty fast due to the fact that she was half vampire.

As i held Rennesme in my arms she touched her hand to my cheek to show me what she was thinking. She was showing me her night with her grandparents and aunts and uncles.

" Oh, I'm so glad you had a good time last night Rennesme." I told her.

"Hey where's Jacob?" I had asked to no one in particular.

"Jakey, Jakey" Rennesme chanted clenching and unclenching her fist tored the back door.

" Hes on patrol in La Push" Calsile said " There is a bear that's been hanging around out there lately"

"A bear." I said questioningly " There aren't any bears for miles and mile of here....Is there?"

"Well that's what we all thought too, but the paw prints that Sam and the pack found around the beach edge, say different." Emmett said gumply.

"Whats with him?" I asked

"You remember the story of how Emmet became immortal? Well he still holds grudges on all bears and he wanted to help but because of the treaty line he cant go" Rosalie ask and answered with out pausing.

"Oh..... Well Emmett I'm 100% positive that the bear that malled you is long gone by now."

"Ya I know that I just don't like bears all cause of that one" He answered all grumpy like

Rosalie answered before I could respond " That why he my monkey man not my teddy bear. That's what I used to call him but every time I did he just got all grumpy."

Edward chuckled " oh yes i remember that it was the most aggressive year on my vampire life, with Emmett snapping ever time Rosalie called him." He chuckled again

I looked at Emmett thinking if he could he would be blushing right now; at least i would be."Really Emmett"

He got up and went into a stance to attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment